Just like to start off with a weird occurence last night:
How often do you wake up at 3 AM to hear the Windows Vista logon sound? Right, probably not too often. Well apparently, my laptop crashed in the middle of the night (despite the fact that it was off), and then turned itself on again. I opened it up and it was running, except all my windows were gone. And I tend to leave a lot of stuff running (IE, AIM, HTML editor, Flash, etc.), so I had to reopen all of it.
And the icing on the lie cake: this is the second time that this has happened. I think I'm gonna call Dell tomorrow, cuz this is getting real annoying. And my printer (also Dell) occasionally turns itself on too. So my house is either haunted (which it probably is), or Dell has some kind of weird timing chip in their stuff.
And now, to Mancala:
You're probably expecting me to talk about Mancala, the progress I've made, how close I am to finishing, or something like that. Well the short answer is: I've made absolutely NO progress. I haven't been working on it that much, but I have a few excuses.
1) I've been playing around with Flash, trying to create a platform engine. It's not going so well (I really need a new version of Flash), cuz there are like 0 tutorials out there for Flash 5, and most of the other code is incompatible. I could just give up, but I'm still trying....
2) I've been playing Super Mario 64 on my PC a lot. I found out, though, that I need 50 stars until I've unlocked all the courses. Of course, I have 42, but they weren't easy to get. And they aren't getting any easier from here.
3) Movie class. Not much to say about this, but I will be posting the videos on Youtube once they're done. Look for them sometime next week or the week after.
4) I have actual customers that I need to do work for, and I can't spend all my time making/playing games.
I have no idea when it's going to be ready, but hopefully it won't be too much longer. I know you guys are half-intersted in playing it once it comes out.
Final question: would you like me to release a demo of what I have now? It's mostly done, even though you're pretty much guaranteed to beat the game in one-player mode. That's what I'm spending all my time on, in case you were wondering.
Fell free to comment.
The Mist
1 year ago

I'd like to see a demo. I can get a feel for what you're going for in design.
ReplyDelete