I have a feeling this is going to be the longest post I've ever made or ever will make on this blog. (written before I started)
So... a lot has happened since my last post. And I've been holding it in for the last two weeks, since I haven't had much time to get to this blog. For one thing, I started High School last Friday. Let's just say it's a LOT more work than I'm used to. And that's probably because I'm in all honors classes now. Except Spanish. So you can probably guess why I have so much work.
Part 1: Homework Rant
Each teacher says they give about a half hour to an hour's worth of work every night.Now let's think about that. I have nine periods in one day. Take out lunch and my two free periods. That leaves six classes. Now I'm not to great at maths (although I am in Honors Geometry, so maybe I am), but I think that calculates to about 6 hours of homework a night.
And the worst part is, that's about accurate. Say I get home at 3:00. I work til 5:00 (that's when The Simpsons are on), then start again 6:00, work til 7:00, have dinner, then work for another two hours, til I have to start getting ready for bed. If you paid attention, that's only five hours. And spending that much time on homework seems excessive already. So I've had busy nights. If you've noticed a lack of posts on the forum from me, that's probably why.
Part 2: Dance
Although High School isn't all bad. We had our first school dance for Freshmen only (and some Seniors there to help out) on Friday. At my old school, "dance" was just a name for it. Not many people really danced. It was mostly just hanging out, listening to the music, or talk about who likes who. Now, people actually do "dance". Including me (Note: if you're picturing me breakdancing, forget it :-P). They did a part where you randomly picked a person and danced with them. I'll just leave it at that for now. You don't need to know that many more details, heh heh.
No seriously, it wasn't that eventful.
Part 3: The Big E
If you remember that picture of me I posted on the forum a while back, I was wearing a shirt that said "The Big E". I think I told you this, but The Big E stands for "Eastern States Exposition" (Big E is much easier), and it's a fair that rolls around once a year. Despite the lack of time I've been having, my family was able to go there today. I think we had a pretty good time. They have a lot of cool rides, good food, etc. there, so I enjoy the visits we have.
If you remember the "Block Party" post a while back, and how I told you I had a vast variety of food there, it was pretty much the same for this. I don't remember everything now, but I had quite a variety of stuff in my stomach when I got home.
Part 4: This Blog
I've been thinking about this blog (although I don't have much time to think these days) and am considering changing it's layout a bit. If I make any more longs posts like these (and I'm sure I will), it's not gonna fit in this skinny column I have for content. I was looking at the "edit code" feature of Blogger, but I can't make much sense of it, even though I am a web designer. Not to mention, if I start making serious games, I'm gonna need a real blog to post stuff on.
And if the whole world's gonna be reading my blog, I won't post all this personal stuff on it, like this post. Funny, how I call it the "Andrew Animation Blog", then wind up talking all about my life. I think I would keep this one exclusive to my readers in the UK, Holland, and Sweden (sorry if I got your country wrong).
Note: I didn't say United States. Aside from maybe Brad or FO, I don't think anyone in the US reads this. I haven't told any of my friends, and the only link to it comes from the Forum. So enjoy your exclusivity.
I thought about installing Wordpress on my server, but I've worked with Wordpress before, and I don't particularly like it. It doesn't really offer the customizations that I would want as a web designer. Now, I probably could code my own blog. I know enough about PHP, mySQL, and all those fancy languages, but (remember what I said above) I don't have any time! If this were summer, I could code my own blog in a few days, but it isn't. I have to do it on weekends, when I'm already doing stuff I've pushed off during the week.
Part 5: New Engine
I fixed the gravity rotation bug! And a few other things. (AP, you haven't seen the gravity fixed, so try this engine). new engine!
Enjoy! XD
That about wraps up this long post. Man, I never thought I would use the "arg *head explodes* tag again. If you actually read this whole post, have a cake.
Looking back on it, I think my vacation post was the longest. But I did that over four days, so this is the longest thing I wrote in like, half an hour, or something.
And feel free to leave comments, as always.
The Mist
1 year ago

WTF? "No one in the US reads this blog." I'm in the same freakin' time zone as you! Did you already forget about me?
ReplyDelete